Photos of friends, family, and loved ones are too precious to lose. When you receive photos from your professional photographer from your recent photoshoot, or even simply taking care of the photos you took on your iPhone, remember these tips to help preserve your photos:
1. Store them in a folder on your computer. If you have many photos, it can be easiest to store them in separate folders by date on your computer for easy reference.
2. Back up your hard drive. Computers crash, so make sure your hard drive is backed up (onto an external drive). You can buy an external hard drive from any computer store such as Staples.
3. Keep a copy on a CD/DVD/USB. Having your photos on a CD or USB drive is another great way to have a copy of your photos. You can also easily take this to your photo store for easy printing.
5. PRINT your images. Put them in photo albums. Take the time to actually print your photos! Most photo centres have an online uploading system to send to the printer, but you can also take your camera’s memory card, USB, or CD drive with your pictures to the printer. Once printed, buy some photo albums, and arrange your photos in those albums by event or date.
6. For older photos (pre-digital photos), scan them onto your computer so you also have a digital copy. It is best to have both a digital and print copy of your photos. If you have old photos, consider scanning them to your computer to have a digital version.
Do you have any additional tips? We’d love to hear about them below in the comments!