Summer is finally here, and long, pleasant days are the perfect time for fun-filled photos. The natural greenery and plant life paints a beautiful scenic background for any outdoor pictures with family, friends, loved ones, or individual headshots. Here are some summer photo opportunities that you may want to consider:
Do you have a family reunion this summer? Hiring a photographer to take professional shots of your immediate and extended family is one way to preserve memories for generations to come. Moms, dads, aunts, uncles, cousins – everyone will be there all at the same time. What better way to remember that special time with family than a group shot of all of you together?
Grandparents’ Day is on September 7this year! Book your session for July or early August to give them a gift they’ll really treasure – photos! If it’s one thing we know about grandparents, it’s that they love to show off pictures of their grandchildren!
Need engagement photos, or planning for an upcoming wedding? Summer is the perfect time to capture some photos of you and your fiance to include in your wedding invitations and to have as keepsakes. Coordinate with your photographer the perfect locations for you to do a photoshoot. Pinterest is a great place to find some fun engagement photo ideas.
Here are 8 tips on what to wear for engagement photos:
1. Be Yourself. A good photographer will capture your personality. Don’t come nervous or stress over what to wear. Find clothing that is comfortable and that you know you can be relaxed in while photos are being taken. If you plan to wear makeup for your wedding day, get a trial done the day of your engagement photos so you have an idea of how your face will look photographed.
2. Complement Each Other. Please don’t wear identical matching outfits, but try to pick outfits that coordinate with each other.
3. Show Your True Colours. Black is slimming, but you don’t want to create a photo that might come across as depressing, especially for engagement photos. Find colours that pop and that reveal your true personality.
4. Comfort is Key. We are all aware of the photos where you jump up and the photographer captures the shot mid-air. Wear comfortable clothes that allow you to move whenever you decide on a spontaneous pose. Summer dresses are often very comfortable as well and can bring a hint of formal into your pictures.
5. Dress On The Same Scale. If one of you dresses casual, and the other very formal, you could have a problem. Try bringing a formal outfit and a casual outfit and discuss beforehand what you will wear.
6. Play Off The Location. If you have a location in mind, take into account the colours surrounding it, and try to coordinate accordingly, as best as you can.
7. Switch It Up. Bring multiple outfits to liven things up. Taking too many photos in the same outfit can be draining and boring after awhile.
8. Consider the Season. This is fairly obvious, but make sure you check the weather the night before or the morning of to make sure you will be dressed for the right temperature.
The majority of weddings happen in the summer, especially in Alberta, given that summer is one of the only times you’ll experience nice weather! There are so many different wedding photo ideas, some of which we have included here. Discuss with your photographer any ideas you might have, or leave it up to them – that is what they are good at!
Contact Miko Photography today to book your summer photo shoot!