As any mom knows, getting family photos done can feel like a daunting task. That’s why we’ve come up with some easy tips and tricks for capturing some great siblings photos! Check them out:
1) Try to be as calm and prepared for the photo session as you can. Your kids will pick up on the stress if you are getting overwhelmed leading up to, and during, picture time. Do something as basic as preparing outfits a few days before so that when the day comes, getting ready is not as difficult.
2) Come with your kids well fed. This one is pretty straightforward. We all know how kids can get when they are hungry! Do your best to choose a time with your photographer that coordinates well with your typical routine, so that lunch or supper is not disturbed.
3) Embrace imperfection. Everyone wants the ‘perfect’ family photo, but keep in mind that it is just as important and memorable to capture your family’s personalities. When your child is tired of posing a certain way, let them relax for a bit and have the photographer take some more ‘natural’ photos.
4) Choose a photographer you (and your kids) will trust to be comfortable around. Check that the photographer has done family and sibling photos before (particularly with young kids) so you can get an idea of their style.
5) If not all your kids are ready to warm up to the camera right off the bat, try having the oldest (or the most outgoing child) go first while the others watch, to show that everything is good.
6) As a parent, you may need to join in on a few sibling photos to get everyone comfortable. Sometimes the kids need mom or dad to show them that it is an easy and fun process to get pictures taken.
7) Bring some of your kids’ favourite toys or props that make them smile. To provide a more relaxed atmosphere where the kids can feel at ease and bring out their natural smiles.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind when it comes to capturing family photos and kid photos. A great gift for a special mom or grandmother in your life would be to book a photoshoot, and use those pictures to give as a gift. Contact us to learn more!