The New Year has arrived and we wanted to share with you 10 easy steps you can take to make sure this is the best (and most organized!) year for all your photo needs:
There are many great moments throughout the year. Knowing when to have your photo sessions can make your life a whole lot easier than to wait until the last minute. Some important photo sessions to keep in mind could be January business headshots, May Mother’s Day photos, June Father’s Day photos, Fall photos for Christmas cards, back to school photos, December “Home for the Holiday” photos, and so much more! (more…)
Like many, Fall is my favourite season and one of the best times of the year where beautiful colours are displayed all across the province. As the leaves turn to a golden tone and the sunrises and sunsets paint a beautiful scene, I can’t help but enjoy using nature as a stunning backdrop in many photos. Fall is a great time of year to get outside while there is still some sunshine and capture family photos for your upcoming Christmas cards or school photos. Here’s a few tips on what to do (and what not to do) to create the best family photos this fall:
These are just a few tips to help you prepare for Fall family photos. For more tips for family photos, please click here.
Don’t forget that spaces are filling up quickly! To book your Fall family photos, please click here or call 403-451-9769.
Engagement photos are a fun way to get to know the bride and groom before their big day! It’s always a new adventure capturing special moments between the couple, and using those photos as memories for years to come.
Often times, I get asked by couples what they should wear for their photo session. It’s something a lot of people seem to get hung up on, but here’s some easy tricks to remember when planning your outfit for an engagement shoot:
1) Coordination is good, but you don’t need to go all matchy-matchy! Decide if you want your photos to have a formal look, or more of a relaxed look. If he is wearing a tux, complement his outfit by wearing a nice blouse and skirt. If she is dressed in a fancy dress, make sure he doesn’t come in his favourite hockey jersey.
2) Once you have decided what look you want to go for (formal or relaxed), think about colours. What are your wedding colours? Often times, this will help a couple decide what they should wear. If you know your wedding colours are going to be purple and gold, consider those colours when deciding outfits. We often suggest solid colours for the shirts and pants, but feel free to accessorize and add some patterns to the look with a fun scarf, chunky necklace, or headband.
3) Show your true colours. Black is slimming, but it is not always the best choice. Black can often show every speck of dust and hair, so keep that in mind. Also, try to avoid wearing a lot of white – save that for your big day!
4) Consider comfort so you are relaxed. Some people simply don’t feel comfortable in front of the camera, and you want to be relaxed during your photo session. This is not to say you should wear yoga pants and your favourite sweatshirt, but make sure the outfit you choose fits you well and is easy to move in.
5) Play off the location of your photo shoot. If you already know where you want to have your pictures taken, think about the surroundings. Is it in a park? If so, wearing green might cause you to blend in with your surrounding more than you want.
6) Consider the season. If you are having your photos taken in winter or spring, you may want to re-think wearing that fancy short skirt and tank top. If you’re fair-skinned and are doing photos in the early spring, your blindingly white legs probably haven’t seen much sun. Avoid wearing bright colours in those situations, as they can wash pale skin out.
If you have any questions about your engagement photos, talk to your photographer, and they can help you out as well.
Bring the kids in for a fun-filled Valentine’s shoot! For only $125, this package includes:
Your family and friends would love to receive some beautiful Valentine’s photos from you! Must book by February 14, 2016.
Contact us today to book your session.