They’re back! It is that time of year where tacky Christmas sweaters are making their appearance in stores everywhere – even more so this year than any other year! It’s fun to switch things up, so this year, when your family is over and are you are having Home for the Holidays photos taken with a professional photographer, consider putting a fun twist on your photos and encourage your family members to come home with a tacky Christmas sweater for some fun photos (and good laughs!)
Stuck trying to think of something different for your Christmas cards this year? Check out this article with 101 Creative Christmas Card Ideas.
Looking for a unique Christmas gift for a family or friend? Consider a Gift Certificate from Miko Photography – one of the best gifts that lasts a lifetime is a photo package. Contact us today to learn more!
Christmas is a special time of year when family and loved ones gather together. The tree comes up, the house is decorated and filled with the aroma of Christmas baking, and a time of fellowship is had among one another.
Maybe you have family travelling from a far distance, your kids are home on Christmas break, or maybe you are already fortunate enough to have everybody nearby. Whatever your situation may be, having the family together for the holidays is a great time to capture some memories. Here are some ideas for fun family Christmas photos that you will cherish for many years to come:
1. Decorating the tree: One of the best parts of preparing for Christmas is decorating the tree. Have some fun with it and take some candid shots during the process!
2. Going on an outdoor adventure: Snowshoeing, skiing, toboganning, skating. These are just a few of some family-friendly winter activities. These action shots are where the truest Christmas joy comes through.
3. Christmas baking: Tasty treats are a staple in almost every home at Christmas time. Prepare some sweets as a family; the kids will love it!
4. Christmas pyjamas: Buy a pair of Christmas pyjamas, and have some fun with it! These silly photos are fun for any age, and will be treasures for your family.
5. Formal photos: Hanging stockings by the fireplace, gathering around the tree, or group shots with immediate and extended family; these photos are great for hanging on your wall and giving out as Christmas or New Years’ cards.
Need some tips for family Christmas photos? Check out these pointers to know how to look your best in photos.
Whatever the setting of photos you prefer, getting the family together for pictures at Christmas time is a perfect opportunity to include everyone before they head their separate ways after the holidays. To book your family Christmas photos, contact Miko Photography today!
This recent snowfall has reminded me of how quickly Christmas is coming. What an exciting time! What are some of your favourite traditions leading up to the holidays? Between now and the New Year, our family receives an abundance of Christmas cards from family and friends. I love reading their updates, hearing about what they have planned for the upcoming year, and most of all, seeing a family photo with the card.
Each year, your family changes; kids start growing up, and your extended family and loved ones want to visually experience those special transitions in your life. One of the best gifts to give at Christmas is a professional portrait of your family. Keep in mind that there is only a limited number of weeks until Christmas, and that family photos should be booked sooner than later! Book an appointment today to schedule your shoot before spaces fill up.
It’s not too late to book your Christmas photos! Contact Miko Photography today to schedule your photo shoot before time runs out! We want to make sure you have the perfect Christmas card to give to family and friends this year.
It’s so hard to believe my little baby nephew is such a big boy already!
My sister and her family were able to come for a short visit before Christmas and despite the fact that the studio was converted into a guest suite for the weekend we were able to get a few photos of her beautiful little(for now) family. This is the Christmas card I made for her to send out.
So maybe my family that is reading this will smile at her beautiful picture and forgive me for not getting my own Christmas cards out this past year!
’til next time,
Calgary’s Family Photographer